Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Origami Owl® Jewelry Bar® Presentation 101


 
I never in a million years would have imagined that I would be writing a blog post about an Origami Owl® Jewelry Bar® Presentation.  My whole life I shied away from speaking in front of others.  Even in college, I waited until the last possible semester before graduation to take the required Interpersonal Communication - Speech 101 class.  I absolutely dreaded speaking in front of people about anything!  Imagine my surprise when a few years ago I was drawn to Direct Sales after attending a party.  I couldn't believe that I was actually considering doing something that required speaking in front of others and actually giving a presentation! 

I have to admit, at my very first party I barely gave a presentation.  I was way too nervous about everything that the thought of actually standing up and speaking in front of people on top of it was just too much.  Basically, I just passed around the products and said "Let me know if you have any questions!"  We all have to start somewhere, right?  I knew I had to get better at this if I wanted my career to go anywhere so I decided to research how to give a Party Presentation.  I wrote up my own version of how I thought a Party Presentation should go and decided to set a few small goals for myself.  At every party, I would force myself to complete bits and pieces of my presentation until finally at one party I completed the whole thing.  I actually even played a booking game!  After that, I never looked back and actually started ENJOYING presenting at parties.  What an exhilarating feeling it!  I faced my fears and tackled them dead on.  I slowly started to gain more bookings, more recruits, and of course, my confidence.

Here is how my Party Presentation looks today, I hope that you find it useful and that it helps you get over those Party Presenting jitters too.


Throughout my presentation I hand out raffle tickets to anyone who asks me a question.  You can purchase a roll of raffle tickets at Target for less than $10. 
 
Introduction 
  • I introduce myself and tell the story on how I know the hostess.
  • I tell everyone that I will be passing out raffle tickets throughout my presentation anytime someone asks a question and that whoever ends up with the most tickets at the end of my presentation receives one FREE charm. 
 
Thank the Hostess 
 
  • Thank the Hostess for having a Jewelry Bar®.
  • Give the Hostess her Gift.
  • I then go around the room and each guest introduce themselves by saying their name, how they know the hostess, one nice thing about the hostess, and what charm they think the hostess would pick for her locket.  (This give an opportunity to talk about the charms and will also provide ideas on what charms the guests can select for their own personal locket).
 
Talk about Origami Owl®
 
  • Ask who has ever been to an Origami Owl®Jewelry Bar®.
  • Share Bella's story on how at 14 years old she had a dream to purchase a car of her own. 
 
Talk about the Jewelry Bar®
 
  • Unique to Origami Owl®.
  • Share the 5 Steps on building a Locket.
  • Build a locket for the guests to see how it works.
  • Share my locket and why it's important to me.
 
Share the Origami Owl® Opportunity 
 
  • Talk about the benefits of becoming a Designer with Origami Owl®.
  • Share how much the average new Designer makes at a Jewelry Bar®
  • Talk about in what ways Origami Owl® has blessed my life. 
 
Hostess Rewards
 
  • Share Origami Owl® Hostess Rewards Program.
  • Talk about the Hostess Exclusive that month and what is included.
 
Games 
  • Play my favorite booking game - Deal or No Deal
  • Play 20 Question Game in Two Minutes 
If time allows, I will play the 20 Questions in Two Minutes Game at the end of my presentation.  This is an opportunity for the guests to ask you questions and earn more tickets.  I suggest to the guests that they ask me anything they want: my family, my life as a Designer with Origami Owl®, anything they want.  I set my iPhone time for 2 minutes and guests will start firing as many questions as they can at me to learn more about me, the opportunity and Origami Owl®. 
 
Once the timer goes off, I have the guests count their tickets to see who has won the FREE charm.  I thank everyone for coming and let everyone know that I will be floating around to answer questions and be assisting with the Jewelry Bar table.
 

I hope you all find my presentation helpful.  Tweak it for your own Origami Owl® Jewelry Bars® and have fun with it!  After all, every time you go to work, you end up at a party!


Pin It

Want to follow my journey as an Origami Owl® Independent Designer?  Let's Connect on Instagram,Twitter,Facebook, or Subscribe.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, This was soo me last month...I prepared a whole speech and layout. I attempted to read from it and got very nervous and red...so I tried to read straight from it and started getting really hot so...I was like you know what forget this...it is not me. I noticed I did way better just going with the flow and speaking the way I do on a daily basis. I was trying to hard to say things that were not me..I have always been scared to do public speaking :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terrified of public speaking. I had my first JB last weekend and wasn't sure what to day or what to do with my hands and I ended up leaving out a ton of stuff that I had pre-planned in my head. So, thank you so much! It will serve as a GREAT jumping off point for me to get over all my jitters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for direction in what I should do/say.. Im a week new and am thankful i found this.. thank you so much and now I'm really excited for my first JB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even gotten my kit yet! I'm so excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete