Hey there Hoot Mamas, I hope you are all having a great week! The weather has been beautiful here and we are enjoying every bit of this beautiful Fall!
Every other week I typically hold conference calls with my team. As I was trying to think of a topic for this week's call, I tried to think about what would be the most beneficial, especially for my new team mates. I am sure a lot of you are in the same boat as my new girls....you just received your kit, you are absolutely in love with the beautiful jewelry, but now what??? You need to start booking Jewelry Bars®!!!
I put together a list of ideas to help you in thinking outside of the box and start booking those parties!
- Have a Facebook/Virtual Party - Connect with your friends all over the country. Set a date and time for everyone to log in to Facebook. Offer a door prize to those who attend, an additional incentive to those who ask questions about your business and then let them shop away! As the hostess, you can either earn the hostess rewards for yourself to earn inventory, or raffle off the rewards as an extra incentive to those who attend and place an order.
- Party On the Go - Fill up a pouch or bag with a few catalogs, orders forms, hostess exclusive flier, recruiting flier and a few lockets complete with charms, dangles and a chain and let the products sell themselves! Give to the hostess to take to work, a friend's house, family get together or a girl's night out. She collects the orders and earns FREE jewelry from all the hostess benefits.
- Mystery Hostess Party - Guests earn tickets various ways in order to win the hostess rewards. This can be done on-line or in a home. Guests can earn tickets by brining a friend, bringing an outside order, booking a party, or signing up as a Designer. Get creative!!! Once all the orders are in, draw a ticket to see who wins the hostess benefits.
- Heels and Deals Booking Blitz - Pull together your list of FRANKS (Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, Neighbors, Kids (Mom's of Your Kids's friends), Spouse (Wife's of your Spouses friends). Put on your sassiest pair of heels, your hottest lip stick and set the timer on your phone for one hour. Call as many people as you can in that hour asking them to host a party or just to say thank you for supporting your business. Build that relationship with your customer, a phone call really does go a long way. Having those sassy heals and lipstick on really does go along way, when you feel sassy and confident, it will shine through to the other end of the line. Try it and see what happens!!!
- Booking Blitz Buddies - You know how they say you are more likely to succeed with your diet if you have a buddy? The same goes for Booking Blitz's! Try the Heels and Deals booking blitz with a fellow Designer. Knowing that you have the support of a fellow Origami Owl® sister will make the Booking Blitz go a lot quicker and will be a little less scary if you know you have a buddy cheering you on. Once your power hour is up, call each other to share your success stories!
- Open House/Launch Party/New Product Premier - You do not have to have your launch party only when you first become a Designer. You can have an Open House/Launch Party/New Product Premier style party to celebrate a new catalog, a new special, or just an excuse to get your family and friends together.
- School Events - Ask to set up a table at a School sporting event, Open house, PTA meeting, Band Concert, etc.
- Kid's Sporting Event - I am actually using this idea from a fellow Hoot Mama. She set up a small table display at her child's Soccer game and the Soccer Mom's went wild!! Make sure to pass out catalogs to all the Mom's for both the home and away teams. Soccer Mom's love Origami Owl®. Don't forget to purchase in advance a lot of Soccer ball charms!
- Mommy and Me Tea Party/Brunch - Have Mom's and Daughters of all ages gather at your home or even a Tea room/Coffee shop for a morning of fun and pampering. Serve finger sandwiches, cookies and tea/punch. You can even team up with anther direct sales company that offers pampering products and have her invite her guests. You can both share in the leads and the pampering!
- Neighborhood Ambush - Distribute fliers with your information and a coupon for 'One FREE Charm' for scheduling a party with you. You can choose your neighborhood or every neighborhood in the city! I love to do this during my Kid's naptime. I load up the kids in the car with a few hundred fliers and pass them out to all the neighborhoods in my city as the kids sleep soundly in their car seats. It's a great way to have a very productive nap time!
- Shopapalooza - This is a great idea to do around the holidays. Team up with friends who sell for other Direct Sales Companies and host a one stop shop!! Each consultant will invite their friends, family, contacts and previous customers. In return, you all gain new customers from the huge pool of attendees. It's a great way to network with other Direct Sales consultants and gain new customers at the same time!
- Have Your Friends Help! - Give your friends a locket to wear if they do not own one already. Have them wear it to work, the grocery store, Target, their kids's extracurricular activities. Arm them with catalogs and Business cards too so when people ask them where they bought their beautiful locket, your friends will let them know!
- Booking Games - There are so many different booking games out there to play during your Jewelry Bar®. I shared with you my favorite booking game, Deal or No Deal, and it has worked many times!! Team Hoot Mamas can provide real life testimonials on how well it has worked for them too!
Great Places to Leave Catalogs for Potential Bookings
- Hair Salons/Boutiques/Personal Gyms - Ask to set up a small display with catalogs and fliers, if a display will not work, ask to leave your catalogs in a common area of the facility.
- Doctors Offices/Hospital Waiting Rooms- I have personally left several catalogs my kid's Pediatrician's office and Hospital Waiting rooms. Be sure to introduce yourself to the receptionist and let her know of your new business. See if she will mind if you leave a few catalogs behind.
- Break Room at Place of Employment - Leave a catalog in the break room/lunchroom at your place of employment. Are you a Stay At Home Mom? Then ask your spouse to bring catalogs to work and pass them around and leave them in his break room or lunch room.
- Teacher's Lounge at Your Child's School - Ask your child's teach or principal if they have a lounge that they could leave a few of your catalogs in. Teacher's love Origami Owl®!!
- Leave a Catalog with your Waitress - If you received amazing service while you were out to dinner or think your waitress would make an amazing Designer on your team, leave her a catalog or your Business Card. Leave a personalized note just for her on how she would make an amazing addition to your team or party hostess. She will give you a call just to hear more! .
Want to follow my journey as an Origami Owl® Independent Designer? Let's Connect on Instagram,Twitter,Facebook, or Subscribe.